Sunday, May 17, 2009

Addam's Family Values

Night one without siblings. Here I am at 5:30am once again propping my eyes open. Although - today I get up at the butt crack of dawn without complaint. Archer went 6 and a half hours last night without asking to go out once. Could have had something to do with him sleeping on the bed and snuggling with me all night but he never once made an attempt to find a place to pee. I suspect it's a one off thing but I'll take it.

It has come to my attention that out of 6 puppies sold to new families ... 3 of them are now owned by firefighters. Huh. I don't do it on purpose, I swear.


So yesterday it was obvious that Missy was at a fire station in Yellowknife where her Dad works. They also sent a boot inspection photo ... fortunately *she* doesn't have to fill those boots but I bet she'd chew on them.


Gracie(formerly Elsa) now has a Dad who works for the Calgary FD. She also lives with her new mom and three children ... Gracie will be busy! I can't figure out how to save the emailed pictures but once I do I will post them!

Hunter arrived safely last night in beautiful Kelowna which is protected from fire by his Dad who works for the Kelowna Fire Dept. Hunter is apparently telling the neighbourhood dogs who's now running the place. When pictures come through I'll include them too.

Although it appears so I don't actually bias puppy placements toward the service professions ... just seems that the breed attracts police/fire/rescue individuals. I know two other Ridgebacks owned by police, one owned by an paramedic, and a breeder who is in the military. The breed is a challenge and I suppose people inclined to occupations involving challenge would be drawn to them.

Of course, we can't forget the rest of the puppies who have bravely set forth into the world ...

Odin ... or 'Rodie-Odie-Odie-O' (as I like to call him) is kicking up his own little rodeo with Kika (of the Advantix ad campaign fame) and is settling in well with his new BFF.
And Rio who went home on Friday is also settling in well and busy bossing around her new BFF Jack the German Shepard puppy. Yes ... that is a puppy still. Goggle your eyes all you want but when your RR puppy is 7 months old and HUGE you too can say "Why yes, he/she *is* still a puppy." Jack is a doll and Rio will have him under her thumb in no time ... if not already.

No comments: