Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Zulu Dawn

At 7 weeks old the puppies are rolling. They move fast, bite everything, chase whatever moves and yell loud to be let out. It's the final week and it can't go fast enough.
Sure they are adorable and give sweet puppy breath kisses but it comes at a price. The price does not have a monetary value - it has a time of day. At 5:30am this morning I had to make a choice.There are two ways to deal with the yelling at 5:30am - stagger out of bed in a fury, toss them outside in frustration, and sit under my little rain cloud for 45 minutes while they play themselves out.
Or, I can embrace the crisp cool mornings, the birds chirping, the silence of the city and just enjoy the playtime they love so much. Then, after 45 minutes I'll crawl back into bed for a couple more hours. I can do that since I'm unemployed.




So for the next 5 mornings I'll gladly roll out of bed at the butt crack of dawn. After that their new homes get to embrace the wee hours of the morning and you know ... have fun with that.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness, those puppies are oh so adorable, but it's that naughty kind of adorable look they have. The kind where you yell "So and So! No!" but then you feel bad for saying that when they look at you with those eyes and ears.