Friday, May 8, 2009

Jaws

The photos I'm posting are actually a few days old now and I can't believe how different they are today in comparison. I'll get some new pictures today.

They change so much everyday and by this time next week they will weigh a few pounds more and their skin will seem like it's 3 times too large for their body.



The naughty factor has jumped from 'You silly baby' to 'You naughty little sh*t!!' The switch gets flipped at about 6 1/2 weeks and they turn into ankle biting monsters.

I learned, through years of litters, that if you don't move they can't 'see' you or they lose interest quickly. I feel like Dr. Grant in Jurassic Park sometimes. If I move I end up with little teeth embedded in my socks, shoes or pants. And they don 't let go. They just hang on as you walk.


I've almost gone ass over tea kettle a couple times either trying to avoid the teeth or trying to extricate a pant leg from the tiny jaws. One is simple enough to shake loose ... avoiding stepping on 4 others while 3 hang onto your clothes is much much harder. They have also learned to work together for a common goal. It's cute but can and does result in more destruction more quickly ... is it really only a week til they head to their new homes ... ? Phew.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Do they really all hang on your pant legs like that? Wow, I had no idea they did that. It's as if they're trying to take you down. :o) Have fun packing.