Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Final Destination

Sort of an ominous title for a blog huh?

Here it is. The final night in Calgary. Everything is loaded(in the rain of course - why wouldn't it be sunny?), the house is empty except for me and the completely baffled and totally exhausted dogs and cats. Spent the day having mini panic attacks over what would fit and what wouldn't. Had to let go of a few pieces; a trunk, a chair, two bookshelves. It's just stuff right? The important things are loaded. The more important things will travel in total comfort with layer upon layer of soft beds and blankets. Spoiled.

Cats ... in their crate will just have to suck it up. They have it pretty good actually; a litter box, lots of toys, drugs, cozy spots to sleep.

No pictures yet but I hope to along the way. If I can get service I'll blog along the way but try not to hope too much. My email address is down tomorrow morning so if you send me anything after tonight I won't get it. I'll get a new one up as soon as I can.

This plan has been three years in the making. I set out a yearly goal list and even with a few bumps everything has ticked into place as I hoped. We hit the road tomorrow at about 10am at the latest ... I'll be thinking of all those I leave behind and feeling melancholy but my foot won't be easing off that gas ...

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Alberta will miss you! Naturally, it will be sad for you, but you'll always be an "Alberta girl." Time for new adventures, time to follow one's dreams while one is able. We will look forward to hearing from you when you arrive there safely.

Deena said...

Hey you!! I had hoped to catch you before your exodus, but ah well, probably no time to talk anyway. If you can, please try to give me a call or send an e-mail. I need to get your new address too.

Safe journey to you and your brood.

- Deena