Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Road Trip

We're on the road and currently in a motel in Swift Current, Saskatchewan - about 5 hours east of Calgary. I was hoping to be able to get some wireless along the way and here we are. The dogs are understandably bewildered, especially since my house looked like this yesterday. Today it's empty and all my worldly possessions are outside this hotel room with the cats keeping guard.
I'll take a picture of the truck and trailer tomorrow - I keep forgetting for some reason. Too tired I guess. The dogs are handling this adventure well. Halo is very well travelled and is the road king pro. Leeloo doesn't appear to realize anything is different ... she's just as happy go lucky as always. Raimi, well, Raimi is not handling the moving stress well. His eyes are bloodshot and he can't take them off of me except to sleep, he pooped in the empty livingroom this morning while I was loading the truck last thing this morning, he had emergency poop in the middle of the night - he's very worried. That didn't stop him from stealing my Tim Horton's bun when I left the motel room for a split second but I'm sure he had help ... Leeloo. Archer is acting just like you'd expect a puppy to; open eyes, interest, happy, and curious. Napping lots and holding his pee until we stop for gas. They are all doing marvelously well.
The cats are also doing remarkably well, silent as the grave for the most part. I have the greatest cats. They are loose in the truck for now and when I went to check Mallaig and Ceilidh were stretched out on the dog beds and Weasley was hiding in the cat post still. Usually he's very adventurous but I think he is a little motion sick - one of them threw up but I have no way of knowing who but he seems a little sullen. Ceilidh is amazing - I left her out and the first thing she did was wander over to me and start purring with happiness. I think she was thanking me for letting her out. I'll take a photo tomorrow of the cats in their crate - it's a pretty sweet ride if you're a cat.

Shorly I plan to look like this ... last walk, shower before bed, and blessed sleep.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Ugh, I don't know how you're doing it with 4 dogs (one being a puppy) and three cats across the continent...but I sure admire your efforts! Tell Raimi we're thinking good thoughts for him. Hope he settles down soon.

Tanja said...

Hi Tamzin! Glad that things are going well and that you are all safe! I loved the photo of the dogs on the bed! Corey is still concerned about the trailer tire but I am sure that you are keeping an eye on it. A word of caution from my friend, Chris, who has made the cross-Canada trip many times. She said to watch out for bears around the Dryden, ON area (it is a little past Kenora, ON)as you make your way to Thunder Bay. Every time she has stayed in Dryden, she has woken up to bears in the motel dumpster. Just a precaution if you stop to let the dogs out along the way. Hope that you have another great day!