Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sink or Swim

I knew it was going to be a 30 degree day so I made plans with my friend Carrie to head to a swimming hole near her house. The dog's well known distaste for water was over ruled by the cooling effects of splashing around in the water and swimming. The pool is creek fed, about 8 or 9 feet deep and empties on the other side creating a winding creek which is absolutely beautiful. There is a hay field cleared nearby and frankly, if I had the money, I'd offer to buy the whole area. There is a farm house on the other side of the bridge from the pool but I don't know if they own the pool or the fields but apparently even if they do they don't mind people using it.

I'll start today with the photos of the dogs getting their feet wet and getting accustomed to seeing me in the water. Although, I don't think they ever thought my floating head made any sense.


Everyone had to taste the water and cool down with a drink. Raimi kept a close eye on me while he took a refreshing slurp. Raimi rarely, if ever, took his eyes off me the whole time we were there.


Esme accidentally swam when we first got there and spent the entire time trying to keep up with the Ridgebacks. She was whining and barking every time they went somewhere she didn't think she could. Usually it had to do with water depth!


Leeloo's tirade of 'This is stupid" began shortly after we arrived. I think she had fun but she made it clear it would have been more fun if she had been playing in the long grass of the hay field.


Raimi's cute worried face as he stares hard at Carrie ande her son Kyle while they swim. He just could not wrap his brain around their floating heads.


I'll end off today's post with the best photo capture of the day ... Archer coming in for a "Thank you Mommy!" lick. No problem Archer, I had fun too.

No comments: