Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cool Runnings

I still walk the dogs in the heat and the humidity(plus the bugs) because they really need to get out. Even if it's just for 15 minutes at least it takes the edge off. I have noticed, however, it takes them a lot longer to 'cool down' and it makes me loathe to take them out at all. It's been a struggle between my responsibility to exercise them and concern for their welfare.

Raimi lay like this for about 30 minutes just cooling down. He is the dog I worry about most since he tends to over heat the fastest of the three.


Leeloo cooled down much faster and made herself comfortable on my bed under the ceiling fan. She wasn't necessarily over heated but she was certainly self satisfied. She is te dog who gets most annoying if I don't take them out.


Esme and Archer didn't let me take a photo of them lounging since the second I started clicking they got up to see what I was doing. Esme cools down pretty fast as does Archer so they don't concern me too much but still, I think I'll be cutting the walks back even more while the heat is on.

No comments: