Friday, July 30, 2010

Leap of Faith

Never rush headlong into things, it can only get you into trouble. Look before you leap. Don't make assumptions. I can't recall ever meeting a dog who believed in any of the preceding philosophies. It never fails that Leeloo is the instigator of the inexplicable mad dash down the path. She disappears around a corner and the boys are rarely far behind. I don't often worry about her since her usual haunts are well known and I can get a handle on her location by the smashing and crashing noises coming from the bushes. However, it never fails to uplift my heart to see her embrace the unknown and throw herself into adventure without a backward glance. It's not a doctrine I particularly follow myself (although I have been known to be reckless) but apparently when you're a dog, it's the only way to fly.


No comments: