Friday, June 4, 2010

Quality Street

The following is an announcement from the blog administrator (that's me) and author (that's me too) regarding our quality control protocol:

INVICTUS BLOG DISCLAIMER

I want everyone to know that this blog is a real labour of love. I do try to post *every day*. I know people read it religiously(thank you for that), some read because they genuinely care about me and the dogs, some people think I'm funny and a good writer, some like to look at the photos, some are just interested in the Ridgeback as a breed and some read it to spy on me and see what I'm up to as a breeder so they can judge me (you know who you are). I won't lie and say I want to write every day because some days, like today, I just don't. That's where the labour part comes in.

This past week has been great, really, I am actually enjoying my new job, but it comes at a price. Long days, a brain over flowing with new information, and trying to establish a routine - something I haven't had to do in over a year. It's hard to describe but by the time I get home all I want to do is eat and sleep. It's definitely something that will improve with time but right now it's a rough go so I apologize if the entries are short, lack my usual rapier wit or are otherwise not up to the standards which you may have come to expect. I promise to improve and with the weekend upon us and blessed blessed sleep I'm sure I will feel more up to my usual standards.

One of the best things about having the dogs is the knowledge that they are natural stress relievers. I took a few moments yesterday to de-stress with Raimi. I picked a time when the other dogs weren't around, he lay down and I sat with him, just petting his side, stroking his head, feeling his heart beat, listening to his breathing, and letting the absolute calm he projected wash over me. I won't deny, Raimi makes me feel safe, and spending a few moments with him before bedtime muffles the noise of the day and put me in the right frame of mind for a good sound sleep. We should all be so lucky to have a Boy in our lives.

No comments: