Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Be Cool

It's a bit chilly here this morning in Nova Scotia, the wind is up, it's raining and it's only 11 degrees Celsius so the dogs are feeling particularly sedate. In fact, so sedate they got up, had breakfast and went straight back to bed.


Halo likes to sleep on my bed up near the pillow, everything on the bed is down filled so it's particularly cozy on days like today. Raimi likes the bed too for the same reason and also, he often just does whatever Halo does.
He was looking a little chilled so I got out my other down throw (because I don't usually want them under the covers - although we'll see mid-winter if everyone is piled under there to keep me warm) and put it over top of them. That's Halo's ear on the right hand side ... she didn't move when I put the blanket on them and in fact Raimi snuggled in further. Leeloo and Archer have been in the livingroom with me for the better part of the morning. They were all snuggled up on the couch, They looked a little cold so I relented and put the other down throw over them. Can you tell I love down? I suspect this is something like heaven for a Ridgeback. I suppose we should enjoy the cooler weather now because over the next week it's supposed to be up near 20 and sunny - with the humidity it's just sweltering.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

You are a very nice mommy to give them your nice down...especially since they've been shedding.