Sunday, March 8, 2009

Winter Passing

Okay Winter, we need to talk. I’m breaking up with you. It’s not me … it’s you. Of late you have been unpredictable, moody, threaten to leave but never actually do, are borderline abusive, thoughtless, some days are better than others for sure but frankly I just can’t take it anymore.

Here’s an example … I was safely ensconced last night watching Ferris Bueller’s Day Off until 11pm because it’s one of the best movies to come out of the 80’s isn’t it? Really … the float scene where he sings Danke Schoen and Twist & Shout, Jeanie kicking Principal Rooney three times in the chops, Cameron in his Red Wings jersey... classics all.

Anyway, before I head to bed I let the dogs out for a final pee and what the HELL? Three inches of snow????? When did that happen? The dogs took one look at the additional snow and hit the brakes but I insisted. They were in and out in a flash, raced to the bed and snuggled into the down comforter with a vengeance. Goose down filling is one of the few ways to deflect your bad attitude.

This morning I get up and it’s -18 degrees with more snow. The dogs were outside for 4 whole minutes while I prepared their food and I opened the door to let them in. Halo shot into the house first, was literally shivering and her teeth were chattering. Winter, is this really necessary torture for a pregnant dog?

While I like the fact that winter pregnancy means spring babies and a summer to grow up in … it’s on very hard terms. This year you are not making it any easier Winter, in fact you seem to be following a masochistic line with your teasing above zero temperatures and then plunging us into 20 below. What is the point?

So Winter that’s it … I’m un-friending you from Facebook, screening your calls and next year you can torture someone else with your nonsense. We’re through.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

...ahhh, the ubiquitous though frowned-upon online breakup. I hope you also sent a text message to be really sure the message got through.