Monday, March 9, 2009

How High

When it's crappy outside you need to find things to amuse yourself otherwise you get cabin fever and start to go loopy. The same thing applies to the cats. The dogs the weather sucks and don't want to go out but the cats start to get a little silly - especially at 3am. So I do what any good cat owner does ... I drug them.


I have those fuzzy balls that I like to marinate in dried catnip so they smell really good. Then I give each cat a ball and enjoy the show.

Weasley took his off to his 'pad' and rolled around in there for a while loving his fuzzy to bits. The dogs couldn't figure out what he was doing but occassionally he'd pop out with an "OH HAI" and then disappear again.












We all know drugs dilate your pupils but Ceilidh has us all beat. She's a more dignified addict, preferring to snuggle and cuddle her fuzzy.












Mallaig ended up just embarrassing herself. Once or twice the fuzzy escaped and rolled onto the floor and she'd jones real bad until I retrieved it. Sad really.


There was a drug war when Leeloo got hold of one of their fuzzies and slobbered on it. Then it was game on for Mallaig's fuzzy.



It didn't last long, I think Weasley was so high he just gave up ... you know how some drugs just rob you of all ambition.

I try not to give them the catnip too often ... I don't want to be accused of pushing - especially Weasley ... he's still young and has so much to live for.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ahhh....it's called 'living better chemically'...:)

Kathryn said...

I had a Siamese cat (and I can tell this story now without fear of retaliation because Joey died long ago) who was once so high on catnip that he actually rolled right off the counter on which he had been lolling around in the catnip. Oh, the mortification!

Steven and Kimberly said...

My mother-in-law grows catnip for her kitties in the spring and leaves it out for them to sample from whenever they like. I didn't realize that catnip to cats was like marijuana to humans. I wonder if she knows...:o/