Saturday, March 14, 2009

Two for the Money

It’s that time again. March 14th.

Two years ago on March 14th my very first litter of Ridgebacks was born. Halo was a super star broodbitch, whelped eight puppies no problem in about 5 hours and everyone got fat and sassy faster than I could believe. I still feel guilty about the loss of one girl ...





Now I have a two year old 96 pound Boy who was just about a pound when he was born. This year I’ll get him back into the show ring a few times to get his brain in gear and then next year we’ll see about a bit of a campaign. All his health tests will need to be completed this coming year too; hips, elbows, eyes, heart and thyroid but he does not need a DNA test for degenerative myelopathy since his parents are normal.




The first litter was almost my last – it was a nightmare. Only 7 puppies and they had me in hysterics more than a couple times. I’m not sure why they were so much trouble but the dozen from the second litter was a cakewalk in comparison. The first litter was naughty, loud, ate more than I could believe and made me totally insane.





So happy second birthday to the little maniacs from two winters ago … I’m awfully glad I didn’t shove you into a cardboard box, scrawl FREE PUPPIES across in it Jiffy marker, and set you on my front step like I wanted to … you guys turned out to be worth it.





Oh! And it's Weasley's first birf-day today! What a handsome little cat he has grown into!

No comments: