Saturday, March 21, 2009

A River Runs Through It

I am SO cautious about the river in winter. I have this well grounded fear that they will fall through the ice and either not be able to get out thus suffer hypothermia and drown or get pulled under the floe and drown. I've always had a thing about water ... ironic I'd get a breed that doesn't like water sport (I actually didn't know about their aversion to water when I got Halo, I just thought it was a cute Halo thing).

Now that the water is flowing with minimal ice along the edges and I know the dogs could walk in it if they need to we head to the river's edge for a little peace and quiet.


Raimi is so funny. I threw a rock into the water when he wasn't looking and he just about jumped out of his skin. He was completely baffled so of course I did it repeatedly for giggles.


He spotted ducks across the water and spent a long time looking at them with his nose atwitch. The ducks floated by cautiously waaaaaay over on the other side of the river. It would look like this in Hell before a Ridgeback would plunge into 3 degree water to catch a live duck ... much less retrieve a dead one.



Raimi seems to really appreciate the soothing qualities of the riverside. I'm sure he'd make a great fisherman's companion. Too bad I don't fish.


Leeloo's attention was held by the river itself for about a microsecond and the balance of the time was spent picking berries off the hillside behind us. Beauty is wasted on the young.

No comments: