Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Aliens

When I was little I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies. Poltergeist (still haven't watched it - too scary) and Alien were strictly verboten. Then, when I was twelve, Aliens happened to come on TV and that was the age of initiation into the sci-fi/horror genre for young impressionable me. I watched, it, loved it, had nightmares and to this day it remains my very favorite movie of all time.

Now I'm not so sure I like the images of exploding aliens that come to mind when I look at Halo while she sleeps. Her sides undulate like a stormy ocean. Or like an alien is using her as a host which I guess technically they kind of are.

I can feel them too which is kind of neat. It tickles a little bit. Last night Halo absolutely insisted on sleeping right against me and curled up against my stomach with a satisfied sigh. I lay there for a while trying to get comfortable and then ... I felt a little squirm against my tummy.

Aaaaaw.

It was hard to get to sleep after that because every couple seconds I'd feel a little tickle as a puppy rolled or did that puppy twitch they do. Halo finally adjusted her position and I lost track of the party in her tummy.

Once they do explode out of there they will grow exponentially like an Alien ... at least they don't have acid for blood.

No comments: