Sunday, September 6, 2009

Training Day

Leeloo and Archer and I headed down to Halifax bright and early this morning for Leeloo's second show weekend. Raimi and Halo stayed home to guard the house and before pulling out of the driveway I sent up a silent prayer that they wouldn't destroy anything.

Archer needs a little show experience because the next show is outdoors but he's too young to be entered. The first show he's old enough to be entered in is indoors and places where dog shows are held(usually a small hockey arena or community building like an exhibition centre) are echoey and loud and an assault on a dog's senses.

Well, I needn't have worried about either dog as Leeloo got another point bringing her grand total to three. I wasn't certain how she'd do under a judge from Sweden since European judges do not see a lot of white in Ridgebacks - it's a definite eyebrow raiser. They also don't seem to have many light wheatons so I was convinced that Leeloo was just going in as a filler today. I like being wrong on occasion! Tomorrow is the judge I deliberately wanted to enter under(he gave Karma a 2 point win) so chances are I will have gotten my judge predictions backward!

Archer was a susperstar. He wasn't phased at all by the noise, people, dogs, smells or general hubbub. He slept peacefully when I left him alone in the truck while I showed Leeloo and he bounced and trounced around like a good little Halo son when I took him back into the show. He gaited nicely(for a bouncy trouncy puppy) when asked and he stood stock still while I had a couple people examine him. He is naught naughty about his teeth still so that will require some work!

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Archer is staying home and Leeloo gets to show her stuff again ... every show is different!

No comments: