Monday, September 14, 2009

Every Which Way But Loose

I was out for about 4 hours today because I had to run several errands with about 6 or 7 stops. Quite a bit of money was spent on things like groceries, gas, and essentials for house renovations and thus I returned home in a lousy mood.

This mood was made lousier the instant I stepped out of the truck and heard "ArooOOOooooOOOooohhhh" from one naughty puppy cooped in an expen. The neighbour was outside shaving years off her life with a cancer stick and I asked how long he'd been at it. 'About an hour.' Great. Although I'm not 100% confident of her evaluation of the space time continuum I'm still pretty sure he was howling longer than *I'd* like if I lived next door. Ten minutes is long enough to put me over the edge when someone else's dog is barking so learning that my puppy is howling does not leave me best pleased. He does have Leeloo as company so I can't pin down his Big Damn Problem - Leeloo is a riot. Must remember to shut windows in future.

Raimi also had a go at a wooden cat knick knack which has since made its way into the garbage. Thus he will now be confined to the kitchen where he can't destroy pretty things while he is bored. No more looking out the window for Boy while I'm out. It makes me sad but trust lost is not easily regained when my possessions are on the line. He suffers from confinement anxiety and does best when he is allowed to find his comfort spots like the bed or couch to feel 'close' to me. I'd rather he found a paperback or a slipper to chew on than say trying to dig his way through drywall(been there) or a bedroom door(been there too), chew on a door knob (that sounds familiar) or smash a light switch beyond use (yes ... even been there). A crate? For the Boy? An arrow to my heart ...

Halo has finally reached angelic stage of her life where I can leave her out and if there is no food accessible she is completely trustworthy. It's only taken almost 5 and a half years.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

LOL...I'm sorry to hear about your lousy day. Having a howling dog on top of it doesn't help matters. At least Halo is not hormonal anymore...if that's any comfort.

Servant 1 of 2 said...

Odie or Puparotti as we not so affectionatly called him,is quite the howler as well. Actually, a real whiner at the best of times... He used to kick up such a fuss, we have had old ladies out walking their schnaussers tell us that they wished they had a house key so that they could come and "rescue" him during the day. Thank God he's old enough for doggy daycare!(and seems to be much less of a howler now)