Sunday, September 13, 2009

Armageddon



First things first - Invictus has yet another champion to add to the roster. Invictus Armageddon of Aegis is now an American Champion! In less than a month I have two champions to my credit ... been a good summer, no? Or rather *our* credit since Halo did most of the work. Geddie started off with a bang last year getting 3 majors easily in the spring of 2008 to put her on 12. And there she sat. A victim of circumstance and changing tides Geddie sat on those 12 points for over a year and the hope she'd ever finish was beginning to fade. I'm kind of controlling so not having any control at all over her 12 point status was hard! Finally this weekend she won and it's just like the Travis x Halo babies to go out in style with Geddie's slam dunk 5 point major in Utah. Geddie is also working on her Senior Courser title in the US(not available to RRs in Canada) which involves a lot of chasing the bunny, qualifying and legs earned. Hopefully 'Steady Geddie' will soon be changing her JC to a SC but for now let's just be satisfied with an AM CH!!! Geddie is Halo's fourth champion of record ... more to come!
And darling Leeloo showed like a doll today. No points but we have a big show coming up with lots of competition so I wanted to get her little scatter brain collected a bit. I can tell she is thinking "What ARE we doing this again for?" when I go around the ring but treats and lots of hugs keep her cheerful. She is also quickly learning that *everyone* at a dog show has food in their pocket. Like ... everyone. Typically I get yanked this way and that so she can poke around and inspect the pockets of every single person we pass. She almost got her head into a chip bag my mom had and made a very close inspection of the chips as they went from the bag to my mom's mouth. My mom is a softy at heart and gave Leeloo a chip or two. Ah Leeloo ... who would we laugh at if not you?

No comments: