Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

I have been hard at work seeing to some (what I thought were) minor fixes in the house. You know, those little projects you think will only take 20 minutes and turn into 3 hours with a trip to the hardware store to pick up something you didn't realize you needed until you'd already torn the medicine cabinet off the wall and now have a gaping hole in your bathroom, partially cut trim scattered across the floor, all your tools out(including the ones you didn't realize you didn't need) and four dogs trying to cram themselves into the room with you because they just can't be parted from you for a single moment. There was more than one "OUT! Outside with you! I do not need your help so unless you have grown thumbs and can hold a paint brush ... OUT!"
That was yesterday. That also explains the lateness of my post today. I still have what I estimate as at least two more days of these fiddly little projects to tackle and frankly they seem unending. Despite all this angst I do get the dogs out because if I don't they go a little batty. It has been raining on and off the past couple days but we've gone out anyway since Leeloo won't quit fussing until we go ... rain or shine.

What happens when you delay taking Ridgebacks for a walk due to weather and unforeseen renovation circumstances? They go a little ... crazy eye.

No comments: