Friday, September 11, 2009

Calendar Girls

I've perpetually been dissatisfied with the breed calendars produced by large print companies. Often the dogs are not of the breed type I like or are photos taken for mass appeal - essentially they are stock photos. They lack real photographic quality if you know what I mean. Usually one or two months are nice but the rest are sort of plain dog pictures with standard poses and no imagination. Often I've been tempted to shun my breed of choice calendar for the often spectacular horse or landscape or whatever calendar that seems to have a little more care put into it - or at least cooler photos. (My current calendar is the My Cowboy one from The Daily Coyote)

So for next year I'm making my own using my own photos. People often tell me I take nice photos and I thought what better calendar than one where I get to look at my own dogs every month? Since there has been a lot of interest in my photos I figured while I'm printing it why not offer it to anyone else who would like one.

Here's your chance to order a calendar of my rotten bunch of hooligans. doG I must seem so ego-maniacal! What on earth makes me think that anyone else would want to look at my dogs for a whole year? Turns out quite a few ... I have several people already committed to a purchase so now I'm really under the gun! I have a few photos picked out already but keep switching them when I come across one I'd forgotten about. I literally have over 4000 photos on my computer so I have to go through them all and decide on 12? Crap.

Anyway - in case you're looking for a nice calendar featuring The Boy, Leeloo, Halo and Archer let me know and I'll add you to the list. The calendars will be $20 plus shipping so likely about $22 total. I accept cash or cheque and am placing the print order in early November so lots of time to decide. I am accepting an even $20 cash from US residents to allow for the exchange. Email me at invictusrr(@)eastlink.ca with details. You can see some of 'the chosen few' on my website on the 2010 RR Calendar page.

No comments: