Saturday, September 19, 2009

13 Going on 30

My roof shingles are being replaced and I anticipated some barking and general mayhem from the dogs as a result. I have been happily surprised by their quick adaptation to the banging and non-descript sounds of movement from over head. So far it has been a relatively painless process.

While they were working on the roof I busied myself with annoying the dogs - something I like to do when I'm bored. I'm not sure why but it tickles me to annoy them in small ways, to find things that confuse them and to create reasons for them to leap from a dead slumber to high alert in a micro-second. Perhaps I should think about getting a job ... nah.


Raimi is often the brunt of my boredom since he's not very smart and it's easy to get a decent chuckle. I removed a ribbon from a new pair of pajamas I'd bought(last year) and thought he'd look pretty. See? He's ready for the ball.
Archer was telling lies about something I'm sure. See how his nose has grown? He was trying to sleep and since I wanted a photo of his 'innocent' look I kept poking him to make him open his eyes. This look seems more 'OMG did you hear that?" than the hang dog puppy expression I was going for. Halo is the most patient of the lot - she tolerates my attention with stoic sighs and thinly veiled eye rolling. You can almost hear the air leaving her lungs and the suppressed annoyance at my attention. Secretly though I know she luuuuuurvs the attention. Archer made the mistake of coming into the room while I was picking on Halo and shortly he became the object of my amusement. He was hard to rouse and the only time I got a real reaction was when I blocked the sunbeam shining in the window. Leeloo was determined to ignore my existence which made irritating her harder than the other dogs. I settled for kissing her silly ears. It annoyed her enough to satisfy me.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Okay my friend, you REALLY have too much time on your hands. Perhaps you need a lesson in laying shingles. Or something.