Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Princess Diaries

I woke up this morning thinking I had time to lounge since the sun wasn't up yet. I was wrong. The sun was up but it was behind some low hanging cloud. What I didn't immediately realise was that the low cloud was expelling a fairly steady rain. I prepared to take the dogs out, decided to put their coats on to keep them a bit drier and off we went. Well, it was almost pouring by the time we got to the woods. Ah well, we made quick work of a truncated circuit and both dogs were ready to go home, not a lot of exploring today!

Once home breakfast was had and then it was time to settle in for a good nap. What is funny is that Leeloo, up until last night, did not appear to realise that there is now a spare bed in the spare room. I was in there for some reason and she wandered in behind me. I told her to get on the bed and when she did it was like a light bulb went off. A bed! In here! When did this happen? So this morning, after our walk, she hopped on the bed, settled down and began her 'blankie whine'. This is the subtle, yet demanding, insistence I find her blanket and put it over her. Like so ...


I got her special blanket on sale at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, it is specifically Leeloo's blanket, it has a lion and two cubs on it and is made of plush material. She loves this blanket. It also fits because my spare room is decorated with a lion and African theme and the dogs blend right in. I will have to move the house-warming quilt my Auntie Pat made for me since the dogs insist on sleeping on it, but other than that the bed should have no fear of being forgotten.


I cannot stress how important it is that the dogs are comfortable. I want them to be happy and cosy and I love seeing them content. It's also important because if something is amiss in their world then they are bugging me to make things right. The sooner things are right the sooner I can concentrate on what I want to do ... and that makes everyone happy.

No comments: