Thursday, October 21, 2010

Frost

The other morning was pretty brisk. It made me decide to change my alarm clock time to about a half hour later since walking the dogs in the chill hours of the morning lacks the thrill you might think it could hold. Anyway, I pulled up to our usual parking spot and spied this beasty down the path.


I know you can't see her very well but that there is a deer. She was looking at something in the woods and while it was very pretty and I didn't want to disturb her, I knew if the dogs saw her I'd be all morning tracking them down in the woods. So I sort of shooed her along and then let the dogs out into the brisk air.


You can see the frost heavily dusting the foliage in the fields but it certainly didn't slow the dogs down. In fact the brisk air seemed to charge them up.


That, or it was so chilly they had to keep moving to stay warm. I know I did!

No comments: