Monday, October 18, 2010

The Missing

We are short one dog for two weeks. I have to admit, I'm going to miss that little bugger. Even leaving her at my parent's house was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Little Esme was not very happy being left behind by the Ridgebacks but she has bigger fish to fry in the USA at the Puli Club of America National Specialty in Massecheusetts. I was not able to attend but I so wish I could have gone to show off my little drama queen. She will hopefully blow away the competition but even if she doesn't I'm happy as long as she comes home safe ... that and knowing that by the time she gets back I will have her body suit and we can all giggle when she tries it on. Check out my little beauty on the weekend she finished her Championship.


I spent the better part of the weekend grooming Little Miss Sunshine and then we drove her to my parent's house. Since she was *not* to get covered in leaves and muck she didn't accompany the Ridgebacks and I on our usual walk around my parent's acreage. We explored the area by the house that has been effectively decimated by clear cutting. I'm not sure what the point was since it appears a large amount of wood was left behind and the area has been allowed to grow in over the past summer. However, it has a certain stark beauty to it and I managed to capture some pretty nice photos of Raimi and Leeloo.


Leeloo has really come into her own over the last few months and if I make her pose she obliges by looking disdainfully about just as a queen would gaze upon her subjects. She is certainly a Big Girl now. However, Big Girls still need their blankies and hers is currently not smothering her as she likes so I must be off to rectify this tragedy ... ever the servant.


Best of luck to my parents at the Puli National and I know they'll take extra good care of Esme!

No comments: