Monday, April 6, 2009

Soft Target

I put a couple pillows in for the puppies last night for them to snuggle into. They slept for part of the night in peace until their mother decided to leave my room to go feed them. Whereupon she discovered the pillows. Now, I can't get her out of there. I suppose she is trying to tell me that THIS is how a Halo should be allowed to raise her puppies.


I don't put the pillows in before about two weeks because they can't get up on them and Halo is bound to lie on one or two who've burrowed underneath. I also put the open ends of the cases underneath the sides of the whelping box so the puppies can't get inside them.


Leeloo was barking at them earlier today. Sigh. She *knows* they are dogs. She wants them to play. She doesn't understand why they don't. She is in for a big surprise when they can.

No comments: