Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Critic's Choice

My picks for this litter are Archer(green) and Elsa(maroon). If I was keeping a girl I'd keep Elsa. As a breeder you are not really supposed to 'choose' your puppies until they are old enough to properly evaluate at 8 weeks. Of course, I'm human and these are not cars, they are little bundles of potential so everyday I'm weighing one against the other and seeing how they differ from previous litters and each other.




Archer was my pick at birth. As soon as I saw his gorgeous head I knew he'd be the puppy. I try to be careful not to play favorites and at one point I was leaning toward White for a couple reasons but always I go back to Archer.



Archer will be Invictus Blood Diamond and like Leonardo Dicaprio, (for a dog) he's a hottie. He is confident, smart, attractive, independent and goes his own way.






This is important for peace in my house because Raimi would be devastated if I got another Boy. Hunter(white) will be like that and I can't have competing 'luvahs'. Sometimes it's not just structure which makes you choose a puppy, sometimes temperament compensates for a short coming in assembly.



So far Archer seems to have the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

He is good looking...is that white on his paws?