Saturday, April 4, 2009

Footloose

Last night, just before bed, I stepped in with the puppies to check on them. They'd just eaten, were nice and warm and wanted to sleep. While I stood for a moment gazing upon my wee charges they began to realize my feet were warm and stationary. I am currently sporting the latest in fashion slippers, fuzzy leopard print, so they took advantage and started to snuggle in.


I stepped out of my slippers carefully so as not to disturb their slumber. Where exactly ARE the slippers you may ask.

















The answer is deceptively simple. There is just enough puppy to almost completely cover the slipper area.







Having only ever seen Puli puppies raised I can't speak for other breeds but I don't think Puli puppies are so single minded about their comfort as Ridgeback puppies seem to be.


This is gorgeous little Mr Green showing off his killer head. He will potentially be 'Archer' and will, doG willing, one day fall victim to the Leeloo spell.





Eventually I had to take the slippers out for obvious reasons. Puppies this age are not so good at 'reverse' so I just knew I'd get a yelling puppy at 3am. My slippers are back on my feet and once the babies can see and walk I'll put in a nice dog bed for them ... that should satisfy the need for cozy.

No comments: