Friday, November 28, 2008

Willow

I *think* Leeloo is getting bigger. She's taking up more room it seems. She's definitely gained weight ... she eats like a pig. All limbs and no body - it's a wonder she can coordinate all those pieces.

At night we have yet to finalize our sleep arrangements. Seriously, this dog takes her damn time about getting comfortable. And the noises she makes ... well ... they are half frustration and half satisfaction and always annoying.

She likes to sleep ... close. Real close. Like, under my neck or on my head. Raimi also likes to sleep near my shoulders, I'm pretty sure it's because the pillows are super duper cozy and the fold of the comforter sort of envelopes his head. It can get a bit crowded. If I want to turn over it's a bit of an ordeal.

I've started call Leeloo 'Peck'. She's so small compared to Raimi it reminds me of the movie Willow. Madmartigan calls Willow a 'peck' which is a derogatory term for the little people - Leeloo is so naughty anything derogatory will do at this point. Although ... I can't think of an especially naughty thing in the last 24 hours so I suspect she is improving.

Currently Peck/Leeloo is chewing on her hind leg and moaning in annoyance. I can't imagine what is going through her brain but for some reason having legs is annoying her. Raimi is tired after our walk and was trying to relax on the couch but all the noise and kicking over here has driven him to the loveseat. Poor Boy.

We took a walk tonight and Leeloo is much improved. Although she has now decided that when she is sick of walking she makes her way up someone else's front path. It does take some convincing that we are only a block from home. She has stopped trying to head into the immediate neighbour's yards now and knows which is ours. She pulls ahead and starts her bounce when she knows we're close.

What a cute Peck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only person who know about that movie still.

Rifka too likes the pillows and infact sleeps on my husband's pillows when he is away from home or after he gets up in the morning.

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only person who knew about that movie still.

Rifka too likes the pillows and infact sleeps on my husband's pillows when he is away from home or after he gets up in the morning.