Monday, November 17, 2008

Twister

Well, shortly after I posted the previous blog about Leeloo the power cord to my laptop was severed by puppy teeth and now I have no access to anything stored locally on my computer such as photos, downloads and unopened emails. (So if you sent me an email I haven’t replied to be patient … it’s coming).

Leeloo was playing with the velcro attached to the power cord to wrap it all nice and tidy when not in use. She bit into the cord while I was shoving her away and saying “No!” which she of course ignored. The battery indicator came on the screen and then when I was shoving the puppy away yet again I noticed the cable was unusually hot. I assume it had shorted and a fire was imminent. Anyway, once the replacement cable gets dropped off by my super awesome geek squad friend Phil I’ll be up and running again.

The laptop is on it’s last legs anyway and needs to be replaced. It has a large amount of crumbs, dog drool, and animal hair under the keys, is missing the ‘Pg Dn’ and ‘CapsLock’ keys and doesn’t have enough memory anymore for the amount of crap I pile onto it. I was hoping it would last past Christmas and get replaced in the new year. As long as one naughty puppy stays away from it I think we’ll get through the next 7 weeks.

Leeloo is like a hurricane on Speed. There is little in her path that goes untouched. Cats, chairs, coffee tables, slippers, Raimi legs, bath mats, socks, couch, kitchen towels, live power cords … it’s all fair game. I was so tired last night I couldn’t think but wanted to give her time to wear herself out before bed. She, unlike Halo, never looks contrite, when you tell her off for something she looks at you like"Are you SURE?" and then tries it again just for good measure. Raimi was losing patience so eventually I said “Enough” and off we went to bed.

I was a little concerned because while she sleeps through the night in a crate without peeing I wasn’t sure about how she’d hold it for her first night on a bed. I needn’t have worried. I got settled in bed, sat her down, had a few words with her, made her lie down, had a few more words and it’s like the light just went out. She curled up in the crook of my legs and was asleep in seconds. It’s like when you’re running all day and you don’t realize how tired you are til you sit and can’t get back up.

She was so good all night, she woke up once to climb up really close to my head and … lie on it. We shifted positions so that she was not actually smothering me and was back asleep in moments. She makes the same moany groany noises that Raimi makes when he settling to sleep … sort of low rumblings and sighs and then contented sleep.

Basically I’ve owned Leeloo for about 24 hours and she’s already taken over the joint. Tonight is going to be our first official walk on lead and I’m sure she is going to embarrass me … good thing it will be dark out.

1 comment:

Mrs. Deaver said...

Boo was also very fascinated with my velcro tie for my laptop, but after I grabbed her nose a few times for biting it, she stopped. Now if only I could get the baby to stop eating it.... *sigh*

Moany groany noises abound with Boo as well as the "Are you SURE you don't want me to do that?" response. Poor Arwen. I tell the puppy "No!" and Arwen slinks off with her tail between her legs and her head down, and the puppy jumps on me and bounces around like I didn't say anything at all. :D