Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fast Food Nation

We are suffering through a heat wave and suffer we must. Raimi is off his food, it is very hard to get him to eat so today I picked up a small bag of cheap food to see if it was the expensive food he didn't like or if he was just not keen on eating.

It's my expensive food. He doesn't like it anymore.

I sort of wondered if the pricey food had gone slightly off due to the heat. Does dog food do that? Boy lost so much weight from lusting after Leeloo and living on love alone that I've been trying to beef him up by feeding 6 cups a days instead of his normal 3. Turns out it doesn't matter how many cups are in the dish if he won't eat it.

So today I caved and put down a couple cups of the cheap food and he ate like he was starving. Huh.

So hopefully I can bulk him up on the cheap stuff he will eat and slowly wean him back onto the expensive stuff he rejected. It's a brand new bag so there's no chance it's bad, the expiry is April 2010 and the other dogs ate it up like they've never had food before. Nothing new there. I like the expensive food despite the price, the dog's coats look great, Halo doesn't have any issues with it and they do really well on it all round. Except this little bump with Raimi.

One thing I never thought I'd experience is a Ridgeback turning their nose up at food.

1 comment:

Kraut said...

Hi! This is Melanie from Edmonton. Just out of curiousity, what food do you feed your dogs?