Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jaws

When we were at the park yesterday I missed the collision but witnessed the aftermath of Leeloo and Archer making contact in a Ridgeback kind of way. Archer came running over to me with his tongue hanging out sideways trying to gently lick the side of his mouth. I figured it was the result of a smash up so I had a look at his tongue. Sure enough there was blood on it and I thought he'd bitten it. Not so - he and Leeloo collided so hard that she knocked out his upper canine - a tooth that was not really ready to come out. I bet that really hurt. He was off and running a few moments later. I have to admit that it sort of tickled me that he came running to Mommy when he got hurt. Kids are the same no matter the species.

Speaking of teeth - all the dogs are concerned about Archer's gums. Each one has on occasion been licking his gums where a tooth has fallen out. Raimi did the same thing with Leeloo, it bordered on obsessive at times. Now whenever Archer is sleeping with one of the dogs if that dog is awake they flip up his lip and start licking him. He doesn't seem to mind - it probably feels good. Sometimes they even do it when he is just standing or they interrupt playtime to do it. I guess it does take a village to raise a ... puppy.

Halo has for some reason taken to cleaning his wee wee. I have also caught her cleaning Raimi. That's great Halo. Now she chooses to be motherly. Bit late off the starting blocks ...

No comments: