Monday, August 17, 2009

Mud & Sand

Dirt. Sand. Water. That is a nasty combination when you have dogs. I'm lucky I have dogs with short coats and that is the only reason I am okay with what you are about to see.
The tide is out. There is a layer of mud on top of the sand where they wrestle. The dogs are feeling frisky. The muck is flying and I am staring in horror.
There were brief moments when they would stop to listen to birds chattering or to sniff the wind. It was in these moments of calm that I was able to get a clear look at the slime carnage with which they were covered.
And then they'd be off again. Raimi is the instigator in most of these clod flying antics and as expected he makes a beeline for me with total glee. I'm not proud - I cower as the earth shakes with his passing and I close my eyes to the spaying sand and mud. At the last moment, as I turn my body to prevent him from knocking me down, he leaps and I find myself briefly eye to eye with a manically joyful Boy. Scary stuff. I do not exit these events unscathed ... usually I am looking down at streaks and smears of mud and doG knows what else on my clothing. Ah well, their obvious joy is worth it. Right?

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

I guess at least they're enjoying the beach. Even if they probably stink really bad.