Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Perfectly Normal

We have been waiting with baited breath for the last few weeks to get Halo’s Degenerative Myelopathy DNA test results to determine whether she is normal, a carrier or at risk. You can read about DM here.

Merry Christmas from Halo to all her babies and her future babies … she is NORMAL!

Halo was bred twice to Travis who has not yet been tested but is consistently producing DM normal puppies which means he is likely also normal.

Halo will be bred to Zuli in the next month and he is also normal. If Travis comes back normal this means that none of Halo’s babies, past, present or future, will ever suffer from Degenerative Myelopathy.

This is a fantastic Christmas gift from Halo to me, Erin at Aegis, all her babies and the breed. If any dog was going to pull it out of the hat it would be Halo. She continues to excel and exceed our expectations at every turn.

2 comments:

Mrs. Deaver said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

I still gotta get Boo and Arwen tested, but I gotta wait for a bit while I recover from Christmas spending. :D

Kathryn said...

Yeah! I'm normal!!! I love to be normal! Yay for normal! Uh, what's normal? ...Rory