Monday, December 29, 2008

All Quiet on the Western Front

It's been a pretty relaxing holiday thus far. Nothing exciting has occurred which I suppose is very good in a lot of respects. I'm not much into the holidays this year. I just want the holidays and 2008 to be over because 2009 will bring exciting things that I've been anticipating for years. Quite literally. More details will come up in the New Year but because of some circumstances I can't divulge too much just yet. It's a secret ... sort of ... but not. Email me privately for details if you wish - invictusrr (at) shaw.ca.

We did manage to go to the park on Saturday which was great because the past couple days the temperature has dropped yet again and no end of frustration for the dogs. They have significantly reduced their activity level and are napping most of the time. They now play madly in the livingroom and up and down the hallway making the wookie noises we all love so well.

Not good news with the new laptop. Fatal Error. Blue Screen of Death. So frustrating. Owned the damn thing for about 6 days. My mom warned me about Dell and now she gets the ultimate "I told you so" which I can live with unless it happens again. Then Dell is going to answer for it's incompetence. I'm sure the 2 hours on the phone, hard drive re-formatting and re-installation of the drivers and software will fix the problem. Right? It still won't connect to the internet so I'm stuck with the old laptop which is missing several key buttons and has what I suspect is a grotesque amount of dog hair, cat hair, crumbs, coffee drips and dog drool under the keys.

There is much napping to be had by certain dogs now, I'm heading out today to meet an old friend who's in town for a few days and the dogs know that once I leave they are given the treat balls and lots of goodies. Ah to be a dog ...

1 comment:

Mrs. Deaver said...

I had the same problem (blue screen of death) with the gateway computer I bought. Even after reformatting the hard drive, etc, it would still die on me. I got so mad at it once that I kind of banged on it with my fist and broke it entirely.

It turns out it was a Vista issue, so I bought a new laptop, set it up so it could boot both Vista and Linux Ubuntu and haven't touched Vista since then. I love Ubuntu. It's much less buggy and doesn't take near as much space as friggin' Vista. I dunno if you're at all technical, but you might try Ubuntu on your old laptop (set it up to dual boot, so you still have windows) and see if you like it. It's free! www.ubuntu.com :)