Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Carol

Happy Christmas to all across the world on this day of giving and time spent with family and friends.

The dogs and cats got their gifts this morning and are in the process of devouring some of them. There was a bit of an argument about who got what but they have sorted it out. Who got the better toy ... just like children except the toys were the same!

The cats, just as with children, were more interested in the packaging than the toys. Wrapping paper brings out the silly in a cat. They now have a dish full of cats treats and the dogs have enough goodies to last them til Raimi's birthday! They got more gifts than I did!

I bought a duck toy with a Santa hat which was intended for someone else's dog except my dogs got hold of it when it started quacking and now it covered in dog slime and not really 'give-able'. I switched out one of their gifts for the duck and the dog recipient will be none the wiser.

We've led up to this day for weeks, now it's here and I'm so glad 2008 is almost over. It's been a great year, has gone by faster than I could have imagined and was a success I think in all. Big things afoot in the new year, a new litter on it's way and more exciting things happening as we approach spring. Stay safe this holiday time and be merry!

No comments: