Friday, December 19, 2008

Far and Away

I thought I would update Halo’s situation since she’s been out of the picture for a few weeks.

Halo is bossing the Ridgebacks of Utah around and not in heat yet. I’m putting her between Christmas and New Year’s to actually come in because she seems to go about 6 months and a couple weeks between heats. If we’ve hit the middle of January I’ll wonder if she’s effing with me for kicks. She’s totally like that. Fortunately I have Leeloo now and that will really piss Halo off. We are love/hate Halo and I.

She was bossing around Erin’s aged Standard Poodle who was both deaf and blind and Halo had to be told off a few times for her bee-yotch behaviour. Sadly Keeno crossed the rainbow bridge a short time ago so Halo has to find someone else to pick on – hopefully they can at least see and hear.

Halo will either be happy or jealous to know that Raimi is slowly transferring his ‘love’ to Leeloo. This bigger Leeloo gets the more he seems to think she’s a good Momma substitute. I think Halo might be pleased with the transference because when she comes back chances are she’ll be in whelp and last time she was SO not interested in playing at all anytime thank YOU very much now eff off. Leeloo’s presence will ensure that Boy’s Momma harassment is at a minimum.

It’s hard to plan a breeding from so far away. I know it’s a bit of an inconvenience to Erin to have Halo and I’m depending on strangers to get the dogs together and make the magic happen. Halo will be fine – Halo is fine in pretty much any situation you put her in. I don’t think I’ve ever met a dog more stable than Halo … you can ask her for practically anything and she will hardly ruffle a feather.

No comments: