Sunday, December 21, 2008

Long Day's Journey Into Night

I just had to boast a success story because I've been pretty frustrated with Leeloo's refusal to 'hold it' while I'm out. I had to go out yesterday afternoon and couldn't take the dogs so I debated about what sort of situation to leave them in.

Leeloo in her expen and barking all afternoon and evening?

Or Leeloo loose with Raimi in the dog room and no barking?

People live above me and her barking is not okay.

So I left her loose in the room with Raimi, put down lots of paper in the hope that she might hit a couple sheets when she did go. I was gone longer than I intended, a full 8 hours, and turned the key in the front door with trepidation. The house was quiet which was a good thing because it was midnight and everyone was asleep.

Sniff.

Nothing.

So I walk into the dog room and there before me is a rearrangement of basically everything in the room but no poop! So I let them out and inspect closer looking for pee. No pee! Hooray! Not sure what brought on this unexpected development but I certainly don't expect it to last.

So we will see how she does over the next few days but such a positive step forward is a boost in my confidence we will lick this problem!

1 comment:

Mrs. Deaver said...

How random! I hope it lasts... good luck!