Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Life Begins With Love

And it's a very Happy Birthday to the Christmas Eve 2007 litter! You guys were a great gift ... even if I didn't get a Christmas dinner!

Zero, Rory, Lulu, Bella, Mya, Mungo, Karma, Isis, Kona, Rifka, Shane, aaaaaaaand Ramsay!


















Here they are just hours old. What a handsome bunch. What a good mom ... for about a day ... and then things took a turn to total disinterest.




















You guys are lucky I was there to supplement or you would have starved! Your mother was more interested in the comforts of a couch than taking care of a bunch of whiny kids.


You were all super easy for a litter of twelve. So quiet and only woke up when cued for dinner and you let me relax in the evenings. It made being a 'single mom' so much easier!




















Once on the move things got a little dicey but we still managed to maintain a semblance of sanity. It was easy to keep up and I only lost a couple of you once or twice in closets and behind curtains ...


You almost ate me out of house and home - in the last week I went through a 40lb bag of dog food every 3 days. You sure loved your food then and I'm sure time has changed nothing!



















It started to get crowded, tempers flared and I knew the time was close for them to go. Some pretty significant smells started to accumulate and I was going through an incredible amount of newspaper ... recycling at it's finest.


















I was sad to see the end of the twelve puppy Christmas Eve story ... Halo sure wasn't. but knew that your stories were just beginning. I'm so proud of the dogs you've all become and the homes that take such good care of them.


















Happy First Birthday to all of you and I hope no one gets shorted on birthday gifts just because you were born so close to Christmas! Kisses from your extended family!

1 comment:

Mrs. Deaver said...

We met Halo this weekend, and my goodness, you can definitely tell Arwen and she are related (did you know she's Arwen's aunt? I had forgotten.) Their faces and sizes (both very compact) are very similar, though Halo has better bone than Arwen. :) Halo is sure cute though!