Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Homeward Bound

All the puppies have homes now. I was waffling on a couple because I wanted to get a better idea who had what temperament and then place them in suitable homes. Eight puppies are staying in Alberta - with 4 in Calgary - one to the US, two to Manitoba and one to Victoria. I’d like to try and get everyone together perhaps this summer and they can all play together again. Halo will make sure to give everyone a good ticking off but I guess it’s her right.






Halo is finally back to herself again. For about 3 months she was not the dog I know. She has finally come round again to her regular self and since she’s no longer directly in with the puppies anymore we’re going to the park for the first time(for her) in about 6 weeks and for Raimi it’s been exactly a week because of weather. I want to make sure she’s completely dried up before letting her in with babies again so it will be a few more days yet til she can go in and smack some bottoms. She hasn’t eaten puppy poop in about 3 weeks ... thank gawd.

They are growing so fast and naughty now it’s literally day to day. Every morning they are heavier and like being picked up less and less. Especially when they have a tummy full of food … they make a sort of groaning moaning noise when you pick them up.


And the hiccups. They have begun. They don’t all get hiccups at once but after every meal at least 3 or 4 meal will get an attack. They sit and look confused because every 5 seconds or so they give a little lurch and make a popping noise. So cute! They never last more than a few minutes but they all get them quite regularly.



Most of the puppies now run into the pen to pee, I’ve started putting out a piece of newpaper for them to use because I can’t expect them to remember when they’re in the hallway that they should run all the way back to the pen. They do know to pee on newspaper tho so it’s easier for me to clean up.

My sanity remains intact so far. I am less stressed about this litter than the last – I turn a blind eye to the mess they make and just clean up the floor when they’ve all gone to bed. Keeping the madness at bay is my ultimate goal this litter. Just two weeks to go …

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Even though we're not receiving a puppy from this litter it made us sad in a sympathizing way to know that the babies are headed to their new homes. If you're planning to breed in the future, we'll look forward to applying and receiving a puppy from you then. Great job raising these buggers!