Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dead Calm

While I know everyone would love for me to announce the blowing in of the gales of heat for Leeloo, such is not so. She is, ever so slowly, coming into heat. I checked back to her last heat and she did take a very long time to come in and then suddenly BAM ... she was in heat. Raimi is obsessing over her bottom (more than is standard) but not to the point where I am sure she is actually in what we 'experts' like to call estrus. That only happens when the bitch is actually spotting. I'll let that terminology speak for itself.

I gave Leeloo a deadline. She has to be bred before April 13 otherwise I will have to miss a dog show on Prince Edward Island that I really wanted to attend this year. It's the first year the show is being held and it's near Cavendish where you will find the location of Green Gables, of Anne Shirley fame. I *really* want to take an extra day and go see the highlights, do the little tourist thing and enjoy The Gentle Island.  If Leeloo delays anymore I will not be able to do any of those things and while I will not lament darling puppies, should any arrive, I will have to wait a whole year before being able to go to the dog show near Green Gables.

So wait we must and in the meantime I have to try to prevent an almost in heat Leeloo from disappearing into the bushes after doG knows what with her stud hot on her heels. Deer, rabbits, squirrels ... whatever, they are far too tempting to my little huntress!

No comments: