Thursday, February 3, 2011

White Christmas

Even though it is no longer Christmas I thought since we are buried in snow we'd do the Time Warp and share a fun photo of Archer's brother Odin in Calgary with his best friend Kika.  If you've been following the blog for a couple years you'll know that Kika was part of the Advantix ads we did with Raimi, Rory and Seth. She was only 9 or 10 weeks old at the time but she is now all grown up ... not as grown up as Odin  though! He's uh ... kind of tall.  Anyway, this is the mother of all Ridgeback Christmas decorations! Good job guys!


Back here in Nova Scotia we got a pretty rough and ready storm yesterday, it hit about 1pm and was over by about 11pm which is my kind of storm. No messing about, just do it and be gone. The sun is shining bright today to reveal a lot of digging in my future. That is the side of my house where the dogs go to wait to be let into the truck. The gate is just over 6 feet high and Leeloo says "How are we supposed to go for a walk?"


The back deck fared no better but at least the snow isn't as deep. I made a trench for them to get into the yard where I have managed to clear about 100 square feet of space. It's a bit daunting to look out over a backyard entirely buried under 3 feet of snow.


The front yard is also disturbingly deep but at least I only have to make a hole to the door of the truck. The dogs can use the front door for now when we go for walks, I have a feeling I'm going to have to spend several days digging out that back yard!

No comments: