Friday, October 24, 2008

Ready to Wear

I like to think of myself as a fairly dignified sort of person who has a taste for the finer (but not exhorbitantly expensive) things in life. My house is tastefully decorated with the eye of someone who likes complimentary color, balance in a room and a bit of old world style. If you saw my house sans dogs you’d need to Sherlock Holmes your way to the Ridgeback art and deduce that I do not live alone.

And then there is this secret part of me who gets a good ol’ fashioned giggle out of the silly things and I just can’t resist. People lament the trend to dress dogs up for amusement or for fashion and poo poo the costumes and assorted torture we put them through. But that part of me … when I see an especially cute costume on a dog or cat … well, it just tickles me.

Things like dressing up Petal as a lion.













Or seeing Halo’s long suffering hula girl.


















But this … this is something just can’t get out of my head. I mean really. This dog's expression is priceless and likely Raimi's would mirror it. Frankly I can’t think of a better reason to buy it than to see the wrinkles and worry eyes on The Boy. You can buy it on the Ridgeback Rescue site … where oh where is my credit card …?

No comments: