Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Holiday

I haven’t been updating for the last couple days – been busy getting ready for my week’s vacation to Nova Scotia. Raimi is staying with Tanja and Halo and he will be so happy to have his momma’s company for a few days. I’m not sure how happy Halo will be but she’s put up with worse.

I woke up this morning to Raimi snuggled all cozy and content next to me and it was hard to rouse him to get up. The alarm goes off and he just makes himself heavier and more comfortable. I would find it easier to succumb to the snuggling warmth of a nice lie in on a weekday except for the attention of the cats who know that once the alarm goes off they will get fed.

Ever wake up to a claw hooked in your nose? Oh yes … try it sometime. Weasley insists on walking up and down the bed purring and meowing and Ceilidh sits at my feet staring at me. If you’ve ever been stared at by Ceilidh you’d understand how it would be motivational. Mallaig sits on the bedside table and occasionally reaches over to tap my head while purring like a NASCAR engine.

I finally manage to get everyone off the bed, flip the covers over and back to ‘make’ the bed (a game for Weasley who always finds himself gleefully under the covers), let Raimi out, try not to break an ankle on the herd of cats preceding me up the dark hallway, make their food & Raimi’s, let him in, hop in the shower and prepare for another day.

For the next week I will miss the four ring circus mornings and wake up to a coastal town on the other side of the country. I do hope Raimi enjoys his visit with his mom and I will have to prepare for the onslaught of overjoyment when I return. Plus - by next Friday hopefully we’ll have some super cute 5 and 6 week old puppy pics to update and a Leeloo chosen!

No comments: