Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Get Well Soon

Poor Raimi - he developed a little throat tickle on Monday afternoon and my Tuesday it was a full blown hacking cough. He would make little huffling noises at first and gradually it progressed into a GAK and a HURG and then he'd blap some phlegm onto the rug. Would he blap onto the hardwood? No. Straight for the area rugs.

So all night last night he hurked and gurked and got on and off the bed. At about 2am I got up to put in earplugs because I knew I'd never get any sleep otherwise. At 7am I got up to find 5 separate phlegm laden boobie traps in my hallway. I have no idea how I managed to avoid a close encounter with dog snot at 2am.

I picked up some cough medication and gave it to him at lunch - there was a lot of spit and drool and foaming lips but it finally went down. When I got home from work the cough was much improved and he was a little more cheerful. I gave him some more medicine and it was a bigger fight this time as he knew what was coming but I always win.

So far the cough is abating and he's sleeping now next to me without any huffles. We aren't going to the park tonight because I don't want to stress his lungs and he's probably suffering from lack of sleep anyway because of the cough. I know I am.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.