Tuesday, September 9, 2008

An American Tail

Yes yes I've been fiddling with the blog title and photo. I'm trying to settle on one that I think speaks the best for the blog. It's very frustrating because I have all these images and it's so hard to pick just one and I'm testing a few ideas and ... well, there it is.

News from the Leeloo front - little babies got their dewclaws done yesterday and while the vet used a method not many use anymore, fingers are crossed for fast healing and minimal scars.

I guess if you Googled Orovada, Nevada you'll have an idea that vets familiar with Ridgebacks are possibly a little thin on the ground. However when a vet asks you (after removing dewclaws from a litter of Ridgebacks) how short you want the tails - you probably want to check for the quickest exit.

Anyway, now safely back with Momma Tailor, and with the entire length of their tails intact, I'm sure babies are growing fat and sassy. I always worry til at least the time they are 2 weeks old about faders, smaller puppies not getting their fair share and squishing accidents. Did I say worry? I meant obsessively paranoid.

No comments: