Sunday, September 7, 2008

Big Momma's House

So here we are with some exciting pictures of boring babies. They don't get interesting til they are at least 12 days old and then they start to take on some similarity to the creatures we think of as puppies.

Here's babies partway delivered - there are five here with 7 more to come. This is Tailor being the new mom. What a good girl. Remember - if the dam is an easy whelper chances are her daughters will be too - this is a godsend when you are up at 3am and puppies are on the way. No one likes rushing to the vet to induce or c-section a valuable brood bitch.







And here's a box of babies. Look at all those blondes! I would LOVE to get a blondie! I was so tempted to keep Karma from the last litter just because of her color. I found a great home for her though so I'm hoping one of these little babies is looking to come north.







And here's proud Poppa ... see where the blonde comes from? This litter is going to have kick ass heads. He is patiently waiting outside til he can come in and help change diapers. As if. This is Halo's kinda sorta quarter nephew because his mom is Halo's half sister ... if that makes any sense.

The litter was born in the middle of the middle of nowhere as far as Google Earth tells me. I can't imagine what industry is out there to cause a little hamlet to pop up as if by magic but GE also tells me that there are a large number of crop like circles and so maybe in fact these are alien puppies. Either way I get one!

1 comment:

Mrs. Deaver said...

I really want one of the blondies too. :D But only, of course, if the blonds have good conformation! :) I don't know WHY judges are so into the red and not the blond, because I think blonds are just as gorgeous! Especially Mr. Bing. And the cute little blond bitch that Howie (who you probably don't know, but Erin does) down here has. She is so adorable. He calls her Bug and I always have an urge to pick her up and take her home with me.

-Christina Deaver