Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bringing Up Baby

Little Leeloo is now about 3 and a half weeks old. Eyes are wide open, they are learning to walk and are shedding out their black guard hairs with their wheaton shade resolving itself.


Now I don't yet know which puppy will actually be Leeloo but it will end up being one of these puppies. Since they are only 3 weeks old you can't really evaluate them very well - the best you can do is determine who you are going to keep an eye on.


Even when you think you know what you have sometimes a puppy will surprise you and come up with some quality that you can't ignore or a temperament that just says "Pick me."

There are some really nice fat long ridges in the litter which was expected as Bing's ridge is incredibly wide and Tailor's line produces long ridges. The same thing happened with Halo's litters to Travis because both breedings are very similar.


At this point the puppies are most adorable because the world is a new experience at every turn. In the coming weeks they will get faster, bigger, eat more, poop more and will be able to explore and destroy more of their environment . Is it disturbing that I wish they were at my house ...?

5 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

No, it's not disturbing for someone who has done it before to say that. They are most precious, and it makes you want to squeeze one.

Kathryn said...

It's obvious to me that #4 female (2nd picture) is LeeLoo. Yeah, puppies are cute, but girls are bitches. Boys are just a pain.

Mrs. Deaver said...

Oh noes! Erin didn't share these pictures with me... I am sad. :( Maybe she forgot about me. *sniff*

I think I've decided we're naming our girl from this litter "Boo" - Oddball's Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn or perhaps just Oddball's Fiesty Fawn. We'll see. :)

Unknown said...

That's funny Kathryn cause #4 reminds me of Halo! I don't know why just does. LOL

The Boss Bitch said...

But Kathryn a breeder needs a girl eventually! Besides - Raimi could use someone to boss him around besides me - we know those bitches are best at that! I get the boy thing ... total adoration is definitely for me!