Friday, August 1, 2008

Judgement Day

What a long day ... and it's not even over yet. I was up early to head off to the show with Raimi in tow. I decided to bring him just because I could and he waited patiently in the truck while I completed my judging assignment. The hardest class was the 12-18 months class as I had some really nice dogs in it. Ultimately the Saluki I chose from that class was my Best in Sweeps - lovely mover and a very nice dog. I think I did well as the dogs I put up the Specialty judge also chose as some of his best class dogs.

We hung out for a while watching the classes, then I went to have lunch with the judges, then to shopping and then back to watching some judging. We saw Karma and her sister Kenya at the show and Raimi was beside himself because they were 'Guuurrrls'.

I left earlier than I'd intended. I don't really let weather affect what I'm doing and I don't spend much time thinking about it - just deal with it. There is only one thing that will result in a change of plans and that is wind. The sun was shining, there were no clouds but damn me the wind started gusting across the show grounds and I said "Enough". I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but I stayed to watch the Ridgebacks and then Raimi and I hit the road to go and pickup Rory.

My my my. Little Rory has grown up a bit in three weeks. He suddenly has body, a head and figured out what his feet are supposed to be doing ... like matching the size of his body. Raimi is wiped out and does not want to play with little Rory so they are now both fast asleep on the couch.

Tomorrow we will enjoy a day at the show with little Rory and Raimi will tag along once again for moral support.

No comments: