Sunday, August 17, 2008

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Cat

I realized just now that I have not mentioned the kitties recently. I don't see them very often because they spend the majority of their time in the outdoor cat run soaking up the sun and watching birds, catching bugs and eating grass.


It's funny in the morning because I have a herd of orange cats precede me up the hallway to the dishes and insistent meowing while I prepare their food. They can be very demanding for barely 30 pounds of cat. I love how they all appear to be smiling with their upturned mouths, it makes them very pleasant room-mates.



Little Weasley does not look like this anymore. He's now almost the same size as Mallaig so sometimes I mistake one for the other. He loves to try and catch Raimi's tail and when he grabs it and bites the end Raimi looks round in surprise but never does more than poke Weasley with a questioning nose.












Mallaig is the absent cat. This is her looking very Scottish on my dresser. I would say 90% of her time is spent outside, sometimes I worry she's found a way out of the run but no, she just loves being outside. She is very cheerful and has the loudest purr I've ever heard on a cat. She fires that up whenever you pet her and she loves to be held ... then its off again to see what's happening outside.










And chubby little Ceilidh with eyes that bore right into your brain to steal your thoughts. There is something about this cat that makes it seem as though she is more than a cat. Her most annoying and very favorite thing to do in the evening is to meow at me when I'm surfing the web in a demand for lap space. She lies across my hands and impedes the typing a bit but it's a nice way to finish the day.







Raimi loves the cats, really seems to enjoy their company. He likes to chase Weasley, pin him down and nibble on him. Granted I'm not sure Weasley appreciates the attention. Raimi also thinks it's great fun to watch Weasley spaz around the livingroom and try to catch him .... an event which usually ends in a nibbling. Ah those fearless kittens.

No comments: