Thursday, April 24, 2008

Traffic

I think I’ve mentioned a couple times about the meth lab two doors down from me. I’m glad – extra glad – that I have large dogs because even hopped up tweakers know big dogs are scary. The people who live upstairs keep an eye on the trafficking and let their dog bark at the junkies that walk past our yard everyday which is also helpful.

Surprisingly I live in a relatively nice neighborhood –most of my neighbors are composed of older couples or young families so it’s pretty quiet. The house two doors down has so far been rented (in my time at this address) to Saskatchewan bumpkins who left a fridge out on the front lawn for about a month and also thought it appropriate to do vehicle mechanics on the front lawn even though they have a HUGE parking pad in the alley … and drug dealers. These landlords need a better screening process.

As with Spring the signs of a drug dealer on your street are pretty easy to spot; lots of foot traffic from the knobs who are told to park anywhere except in front of the house. One brilliant young man in Risky Business sunglasses used to drive up in a white limo circa 1986 because we all know how cool THAT is. And inconspicuous. They’d park in my spot while I went to the dog park too – not a sure sign but definitely pissed me off lots. You just have to wait 20 minutes tho and they’d come skipping out of the house and drive away in their shitheap. The window smashing incident of February 2008 was the biggest tip off - I guess not getting your drugs when you scream from the alley that you are going to beat the shit out of someone means destruction of property is okee dokey.

So there have been two late night busts at this house complete with police dogs, whirling flashing lights, half a dozen cruisers and hand cuffed morons laying on the sidewalk. My brilliant and protective African lion hounds slept through these events like the guard dogs they are. This resulted in a sigh of relief from the neighborhood but it was short lived as the drdges of society shuffled back in and set up shop again pretty much right away.

So still they come. As mentioned one of them killed my back fence because he doesn’t like using the front door and signals to his home-cheese to go round back. On his way he likes to destroy property and leave gates open. So I hope the house blows up. With all of them in it. My sympathy for humanity ends when drug dealers begin .. actually it ends long before that but who’s counting.

In un-related news my brother and his family are looking for a new place to rent in this City of the Damned but are having some trouble because they have cats and a black lab. It’s so hard to find a good place to live especially when you have pets – and two doors down from me sits a once nice house full of weak-willed rotting souls. Frankly, I’d rather rent to someone who has a black lab than a meth lab.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Amen to that! That's stressful living in a neighborhood with that kind of activity going on.